Buying a home will probably be the most expensive and important purchase you will ever make. You need to research, plan and have patience to make a successful purchase. We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service and our professional, well trained sales staff will endeavor to listen clearly to your requirements and present only suitable properties to you. Before you start to look for a property, it’s important to understand the buying process. It’s vital that you organize your finances in advance and be clear about what you are looking for. The contract sets out the terms and conditions of the sale, it also identifies any inclusions that are either included or excluded in the property.
- Speak with your financier or your Finance Consultant to arrange the best loan to suit your needs.
- Prepare a short list of preferred suburbs that suit your lifestyle, bearing in mind affordability and accommodation requirements.
- Research sales in those preferred suburbs.
- When you find a property that suits your requirements, ask your agent to send a copy of the sale contract to your solicitor or conveyancer.
- Your solicitor can arrange a building inspection to make sure you are aware of any possible defects if buying second hand or even brand new, if required.
- Following your solicitors or conveyancer’s advice on the sale contract and taking into consideration the building reports, you are now able to make an informed decision to proceed with the purchase of the property.
- Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign, date and pay 10% deposit of the sale contract, contracts will then be unconditionally exchanged.
- On settlement day it is advisable that you do a final inspection before settlement takes place. This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it, and that all inclusions are as per the contract you signed.